Infrastructure and Resilience Testing
Our test experts can plan and execute infrastructure and resilience testing, in areas including:
- Testing integration with cloud services such as Google Cloud Platform / AWS / Azure.
- Testing functionality provided with cloud infrastructure such as pod and node scaling.
- Resource Resilience – including the impact on CPU usage.
- State Resilience – such as the impact of reboots and shutdowns of components.
- Network Resilience – the impact of latency and packet loss.
- Upgrades of multiple types of database (for example Oracle 9i to 10g can create issues).
- Migration between different database providers.
- Migrating of databases from one data-centre to another.
- Ensuring migration is accurate (record count, for example).
- Ensuring no data has been lost.
- Ensuring data is usable.
- Ensuring the database has not slowed down.
- Testing migrations from on-premises to cloud, such as Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Testing to ensure all functionality is as expected.
- Testing to make sure performance is as expected.
- Testing to ensure all offered cloud functionality is working as intended.
Software Deployments (e.g. A release of software deployed that interacts with key infrastructure)
- Testing the existing infrastructure is communicating with all components as intended after release.
- Testing the new functionality is communicating with the infrastructure.
- Testing the performance of infrastructure has not been adversely affected by releases in an unintended way.
Test Environment Infrastructure (e.g. The release of new test environments)
- Ensuring and building confidence in new test environments.
- Creating comparisons with live environments to ensure all configurations have been appropriately made.
- Testing the integration with all infrastructure, to make sure it works as intended.
- Devising a test data strategy to ensure that the test data is as realistic as possible, whilst also considering other factors such as GDPR.
There are a number of tools that can be used for infrastructure testing – such as Gremlin and Chaos Monkey, amongst others. Selecting the right tool for your business is critical – this can depend on factors including intended infrastructure architecture as well as test team resources and knowledge.
Get in touch with us today to discuss your requirements.
+44 (0)114 399 2820