We are delighted to announce that DeeperThanBlue Unify has been recognised by The Rail Innovation Group under their Recognised Innovation Scheme. Here is Phil Facey, Director of DeeperThanBlue Unify, receiving the recognition!
The scheme, supported by Hitachi Rail, endorses individuals and suppliers that have:
- Contributed to the mission of promoting modern, efficient rail systems
- Demonstrated an ability to create a seamless journey experience
- Adopted a customer-centric approach and are committed to sharing that approach with the wider industry
We have been recognised for our unique adoption of continuous testing defect prevention, using a test early, test often model. This models ensures that anyone in the rail industry will be able to deliver any digital transformation or software project to the best possible quality, on time and within budget.
The need for early testing
Technology and quality software is the backbone on which strong, customer-centric businesses are built. However, testing is often an afterthought or simply viewed as an additional task that needs to be done.
This is ignoring the fundamental role that testing plays in ensuring quality software is created on time, within budget. Specifically when issues are found in the live stage, it can be 100 times more costly to fix.
Our approach to testing
As opposed to focusing on defect detection in the latter stages of the development pipeline, we use a continuous testing method focused on defect prevention. This stops the issues being there in the first place, ensuring potential problems are addressed when they have the least detrimental impact on the software project.
This continuous testing happens throughout the development pipeline, using the following methodology:
- Test Early, Test often – as an embedded practice.
- Shift Left and shift right – test as early as possible. Learn from Live.
- Implement static testing – address issues when they have the least impact on the project.
- When to automate (and when not to) – to get the most out of manual and automated testing.
- Data and environments – essential for quality results.
- Test relevancy and coverage – minimum amount of testing for maximum coverage.
- Continuously measure and improve – using our customised test maturity matrix.
We understand that every project is different. This means that our model of test services is completely flexible and includes a UK based test lab, software testing course, test specialists, tools and technical skills.
We are also on hand to support our clients on their journey from traditional testing methods through to defect prevention.
We’d love to hear from you if you have any queries or would like to find out more… please contact us!