What is Planning Analytics?
IBM Planning Analytics is a complete planning and analytics solution, it is built upon the proven TM1 in memory analytics technology and is a fast, easy to use and offers a flexible solution to Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting and Performance Management.
TM1 Planning is deployable in the cloud or on-premise and helps business leaders build connected processes, which with their speed, flexibility and ease of use; allows previously separate functions to work together irrespective of usual limitations. This powerful solution enables true linking of key business drivers to financial KPIs, with automation features to increase efficiency.
This is the latest addition to the IBM Cognos TM1 family of products and offers the following benefits:
- Faster decisions – TM1 Planning enables your organisation to have a single source of truth, with built-in integration to a range of leading software from SAP, Oracle and other IBM Analytics tools. Shorter cycles enables your organisation to react to opportunities and threats as they happen, and build more confidence in your processes.
- Efficient Collaboration – With the integrated workflow features, co-ordinating budgetary participation is easier and more efficient, creating the opportunity to align top down budgeting, with bottom up planning.
- Agile Planning – What if scenarios allow users to explore the effects of multiple versions in their own sandbox environments. Fast re-planning allows all participants to keep up and to pull together to achieve your business goals.
Typical Solutions offered by TM1 Planning
Spreadsheet based budgeting and forecasting can be very manual, with multiple versions that need to be controlled, signed off and consolidated; before it can be reviewed as a whole. Planning Analytics also keeps control of these process flows and can even keep the existing spreadsheet interfaces that your users are familiar with while providing connectivity and flexibility to link operational planning to financial budgeting.
Driver based planning, made possible by the speed of calculation, allows the opportunity to reduce costs by understanding the effect different scenarios can have on the cost base through good business modelling practices, allowing resources to be managed more effectively and delivering better utilisation of assets including people, vehicles and facilities.
Integration with other IBM Analytics Products
IBM SPSS Modeller provides predictive analytics capabilities, which can be used to understand the underlying impact that key business drivers have on results and feed back into the model. Features such as time-series forecasting etc.
IBM Decision Optimisation provides the ability to find the optimum options to deliver the best results while also considering constraints, e.g. capacity constraints, staffing rota’s or product mixes.
IBM Cognos Analytics provides powerful self-service business intelligence.
- IBM Planning Analytics Workspace (PAW) – customisable dashboards, visualisations and reports
- Analytics Web – the ability to control the environment from within a browser
- Planning Analytics for Excel PAX – the Excel add in, allowing users to interact with the TM1 engine from within their familiar spreadsheet interface, providing the ability to write back to TM1
- Data integration with SAP BW, Oracle Hyperion
- Flexible, scalable deployment to keep pace with even the largest of enterprise
- Multi-Dimensional modelling capabilities to allow detailed plans to be stored at multiple cascading levels, delivering enormous flexibility with levels of automation and spreading techniques to keep budgets aligned
- Driver based planning, rolling forecasts, KPI monitoring with built-in score-carding abilities, with metrics and sophisticated performance monitoring capabilities
- Personal Sandbox environments to allow users to evaluate their own what if analysis