Messaging – IBM (WebSphere) MQ
What is IBM MQ?
IBM® MQ (formerly known as WebSphere MQ and MQSeries) is robust messaging middleware that simplifies and accelerates the integration of different applications and business data across multiple platforms on-premise and in the cloud. It supports a wide range of APIs and programming languages. IBM MQ facilitates the assured, secure and reliable exchange of information between applications, systems, services and file by sending and receiving message data via messaging queues, thereby simplifying the creation and maintenance of business applications. It delivers Universal Messaging with a broad set of offerings to meet enterprise-wide messaging needs, as well as providing connectivity for mobile devices MQTT and the ever-growing use case of IoT – Internet of Things computing.
Where is Messaging Used?
Its highly likely that you have touched and used messaging in a number of everyday personal and business situations. These range from:
- requesting a balance or withdrawing money at a Cash Point/ ATM
- using an E-commerce site to order your groceries, cinema tickets, or buy the latest gadget
- the tracking of goods in Logistics that are being delivered
- where an Insurance Quote is being requested either on-line, over the phone or in a branch
- meter readings for Utility Supplies such as Water, Gas, and Electric that are automated and provide more accurate bills and feedback to the customer on consumption
- Stock Market trades and share price updates that operate at a high velocity and volume
- Travel availability and reservation for hotels, flights and trains.
IBM MQ Capabilities
IBM MQ simplifies connectivity by removing the requirement for application changes to help ensure security and once only delivery of transaction-based messages.
- Once and once only delivery: With IBM MQ, data arrives once, unlike other solutions that can duplicate or lose messages because they have a different quality of service
- Transactional: IBM MQ handles all messages using a transaction, so you can be assured of predictable behaviour even in failure situations
- Asynchronous: If the network or an application becomes unavailable, synchronous solutions will fail. Asynchronous solutions, such as IBM MQ, protect that data and resume its transport when the system becomes available again
- Message encryption: Various solutions offer protection for data at rest. Some only protect the disk, but whereas IBM MQ Advanced protects the message data itself. If the disk is hacked and only the disk is encrypted, everything on that disk is vulnerable. Protection of the messages themselves gives extra peace of mind
IBM MQ is a universal messaging solution. You can run it on premises using software, on an optimised appliance, on a mainframe, or in one cloud or a multi-cloud environment.
Some of our latest work with IBM MQ
Symphony Group – Improving Order to Cash
Symphony Group is the UK’s largest privately owned manufacturer of fitted kitchen, fitted bedroom and fitted bathroom furniture. We undertook a bespoke mobile application development to improve consignment visibility from production line through to customer delivery. This includes picking and packing in the warehouse. The solution provides proof of delivery and improves invoicing accuracy and cash flow. IBM MQ is the backbone to this application providing the message delivery between handheld devices and line of business applications running on Oracle.View all our work
Ryder Trucks – Connecting Trading Partners
As one of the UK’s leading commercial vehicle rental, contract hire, and dedicated delivery solutions they are reliant on robust business systems to manage their fleet. We helped them with their WebSphere MQ implementation, on-boarding of partners and continue to provide WebSphereMQ support to the environments which underpin their electronic booking systems for trading partner management.View all our work
Need Help? Talk to a specialist at DeeperThanBlueGet in touch
Middleware related news:
End of IBM Think 2018 Event Summary (IoT)
View our 2 minute IBM Think 2018 event summary video on IBM Think 2018 held in Las Vegas by Chris Booker –DeeperThanBlue’s Sales & Marketing Director. Click the YouTube video below! Chris talks on the information presented at theRead More
Digital Business Transformation: The API Economy
Digital Business Transformation – Understanding the Benefits Find out the benefits of Digital Business Transformation, integrating your infrastructure and creating a platform for sustainable growth by taking what you have already built and make it even better. API’s are drivingRead More
Is your business ready for Cognitive Computing?
In todays fast paced world to stay ahead of the game you must differentiate yourself as a business by finding any opportunity for competitive advantage. The question is how??? Introducing Cognitive Computing By understanding your customer, whats important to themRead More
If you are interested in excelling in your market, becoming a digital disruptor or simply finding out more please get in touch.
+44 (0)114 399 2820